Press your morning bliss button!
Our thoughts affect our feelings. Our mind doesn’t see a difference between what is real and what it’s imagined. For instance, if we imagine ourselves sucking on a lemon, our body starts producing saliva immediately. In the same way all of the thoughts you are thinking in this very moment create specific chemical changes in your body.
There is good and bad news here. The bad news is that we can successfully make ourselves miserable, sad and exhausted on the spot by pondering over things from the past we can’t change or worrying about the future. The good news is we can focus on things that can increase our feelings of joy, relaxation and peace in a few seconds.
This is especially important when it comes to how we spend our mornings. Based on years of my own experience and the experiences of hundreds of people I have talked to, I strongly believe that how we spend the first few minutes in the morning has a significant effect on our whole day and, therefore, our life.
Start your day well
Start your day well… Those first few minutes in the morning set the tone for the rest of your day. Please take a moment to think about your morning today.
- What was your first thought when you opened your eyes?
- What did you do for the first 5 minutes?
- How did you spend the first 30 minutes?
- Do you remember your feelings?
- Did you move with awareness or did you rush about?
- Was your body relaxed or tense
Every morning is sacred… It is filled with amazing potential and possibilities. Every day we start with a clean slate and in the first few minutes we draw the frame which gets filled in as we experience and create each moment of the day.
Do you take time to be with yourself? Time to pause? Time to connect with what’s most important to you? Do you set intention for what you would love to create, give and receive? Do you know how would you like to feel today? All of those things set our emotional destination which gives us a greater guarantee of living each day – intentionally, peacefully and successfully.
You may have noticed that often whatever way you start the day, it continues to be so… If you start with a peaceful, calm, centred state of mind you tend to move through your day more effortlessly and easily; you go with the flow, you get to places on time and things go right. Putting yourself in a great state in the morning will only take a few minutes, but it will have a lasting effect on your mind and body, and on everything you do and everybody you meet.
So what could you do to have a wonderful morning, which will be followed by a healthy, successful and happy day?
The answer is: Let your heart lead the way!
6 Steps to a Blissful Morning
- Every morning give yourself at least 15 minutes of ‘me time’.
- As soon as you open your eyes, sit with your spine straight and gently breathe through your heart.
- Think about people, situations that you feel grateful for. It can be something very simple like being able to sleep in a warm, dry bed, and being able to walk and see…. Feel gratitude to people who have contributed to your life.
- Rest in the feeling of gratitude for few moments and allow this warm feeling to spread through your body.
- Think about your day and visualise everything going in the best way for you and everybody around you.
- Send blessings and positive energy to everybody and everything. You could visualise it as glowing river of love going ahead of them and spreading throughout their day. You can say silently in your mind: I bless this day, myself and everybody I will meet with joy, happiness and peace.
Happy Heart Recipe
My yummy, tried and tested recipe involves equal amount of juicy gratitude, blessing and intention.
1. Gratitude activates our heart energy
Start the day with gratitude to boost your immunity and help you feel great.
I highly recommend you make a note in a note book of all the small things you can be grateful for through the day. This will extend your gratitude muscle even further.
A powerful thing to do before you go out in the morning is to feel grateful in advance that your day was successful, healthy and wonderful. Try it out!
2. Blessing activates our heart energy
Blessing simply means from the depths of our heart to unconditionally wish total, unrestricted good for others and events.
It’s a wonderful practice to send a gentle warm blessing to your whole day and everybody you are going to meet on your path. Continue to do this as you go about your daily business.
Wish people well and see what happens!
3. Being clear and intentional activates our heart energy
As you connect with your day ahead, imagine everything unfolding in the best possible way.
If you have any important meetings, see them going extremely well. Visualise your day filled with peace and joy, with specific things unfolding successfully.
See yourself and other people happy and smiling.
The Ripple Effect
When we are grateful, hold positive intention and wish others well, our intellect, emotions and our will work together in harmony. Appreciation and generosity generate the flow of synchronicity and attract into our life more of what we need and desire.
This flow has a ripple effect. When we are deeply in the flow, the people around us find that their lives, too, start flowing better. Everybody benefits.
Using your heart activates the law of attraction, which, from the furthest reaches of the universe, will bring into your life exactly what you need.